Friday, January 08, 2010

Sparkle At Last!






A long in-process sweater has finally come to an end, and I am so very pleased to have finished it and not just frogged it. I started this Rowan sweater three years ago and got hung up by the broken rib pattern when doing the increases and decreases. It seemed impossible to figure out. I proceeded very, very slowly trying to guess what stitch was to come next. Three years went by, and just a few weeks ago I figured out how to predict the next pattern stitch. I had finished the backs, and the sleeves, and all that was needed was the fronts and collar. So during my recuperation, I decided to pick Sparkle up and proceed. I banged out the two fronts, and then the collar, and then she is declared done. Stick a fork in her - she's done!


Specs:
Pattern Name: Sparkle by Martin Storey
from Rowan Classic Style, Book 16
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK weight
Needles: US#6 and US#3
Color: Wine
Yarn Amount: 13 balls
Start: 12-6-06
Finished: 1-6-10 (3 years from start to finish)

No comments: